🌱 Art Basel welcomes 282 leading galleries this year + DJ Khaled Airbnb
Hello Hello! It’s me, Carlos Hernandez, your host of the Miami Daily – back in your inbox with everything you need to know about what’s happening in the community. Including news on:
- 🚢 Carnival Cruise Lines has opened the expanded and renovated Terminal F in PortMiami.
- 🎨 Art Basel welcomes more than 282 galleries to Miami Beach this year.
- 🛍️ South Florida shoppers flocked to malls on Black Friday for deals amid record inflation.
But first, today’s weather:
Sunny lightning, showers. High: 83 Low: 76.
Here are the top stories in Miami today:
1. The Miami Heat beat the Washington Wizards 113-105 Wednesday night, ending a four-game slide and giving Miami a much-needed win to get back on track. The teams met on Friday for another game against each other. (WPLG Local 10)
2. Art Basel has 282 leading galleries this year, which is the largest edition of the fair to date in Miami Beach. This year’s event takes place from 1 Dec. to 3 Dec. and will feature 38 countries and territories. (miami today)
3. Carnival Cruise Lineits open its $195 million expansion and renovation at Terminal F at PortMiami. The cruise line’s newest ship called Carnival Celebration was showcased during the terminal’s opening ceremony. (The next Miami)
4. South Florida shoppers head to the mall on Black Fridathere in Miami-Dade and Broward counties for offers in a context of record price inflation. Shoppers were happy that the queues weren’t too long this year. Malls have tried to entice shoppers with freebies, discounts and the return of Santa Claus for the holiday season. (NBCMiami)
5. DJ Khalid is give fans a chance to sleep in his sneaker closet starting Nov. 29 at 1 p.m. in partnership with Airbnb. A one night stay on December 5 or 6 is only $11. Guests are responsible for their own travel to and from Miami. (Free time in Miami)
Today in Miami:
- Scott Miller’s Palmetto Bay Farmer’s Market. (9am)
- Penguin Cupcake Class (ages 2-8 with caregiver) in the kitchen of the taste buds. (10am)
- C4 Energy powers World Cup watch party between Mexico and Argentina at Sports Grill Kendall. (2 p.m.)
- Visits from Santa Claus with snow and music at Gulfstream Park Village. (6 p.m.)
- Ball & Chain Pachanga Party. (8 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Miami Heat shared: “Not only are we giving thanks during this holiday, but we are giving back.” (Miami HEAT on Instagram)
- Miami-Dade police are investigating after saying a man was found dead in a canal in the Kendale Lakes region Friday afternoon. (WPLG Local 10)
- The City of Miami Beach shared: “Celebrate our Miami Beach small businesses by shopping local. Saturday November 26 yet Twitter) takes place during one of the busiest shopping weekends of the holiday season, it’s another opportunity to help the small business community thrive.” (
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
That’s all for today. I’ll join you early tomorrow with another update!
— Carlos Hernandez
About me: Hello, my name is Carlos Hernandez and I am a food writer with over 10 years of experience in the industry. I write the culinary blog Carlos Eats (http://www.carloseats.com) and also contributes to several newspapers and magazines with food-related blogs and articles.
Got a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Miami Daily? Contact me at [email protected]