🌱 Election Day + Trick-or-Treater Kills + Bucket Truck Rescue
Have a nice day, Atlanta residents! Kathy Cioffi here with your Tuesday edition of the Atlanta Daily.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Generally sunny and pleasant. High: 67 Low: 46.
Here are the best stories in Atlanta today:
- It is Atlanta Election Day 2021. Residents who have not already voted at the advance poll in person or sent their postal ballot by post can still go to the polls today or deliver the postal ballots to drop-off boxes or polling stations. Atlanta voters will fill up , ten Municipal judgments, 15 City council seats, the President of the municipal council president, and the work of Mayor of Atlanta. (Atlanta Patch)
- a 11-year-old boy was hit by vehicle and killed while halloween treats in the East Lake neighborhood Southeast Atlanta, according to the authorities. Atlanta police say the boy stood on a sidewalk with several other children before trying to cross Commemorative walk. It was then that he was struck by a driver, who remained at the scene. Police arrived just before 8:20 p.m., according to a press release, and the child, whose name was not released, was taken to a nearby hospital, where he died. Although the accident is still under investigation, authorities do not expect any charges to be laid. (Mâcon Telegraph)
- Of them construction workers stuck in a crane truck in downtown Atlanta were rescued by firefighters Monday afternoon. Workers were in a bucket raised in the air when the crane truck became unusable on Centennial Olympic Park Walk Between State Farm Arena and the CNN parking, according to Atlanta Fire and Rescue spokesperson Alyssa Richardson. Firefighters took the pair safely bucket, and the truck has been left with the equipment rental company that owns it. ( The constitution of the Atlanta newspaper)
- Get rid of e-bikes and electric scooters for freeare at and of polls today are being offered by Lime To all residents of Atlanta. “We believe in encouraging participation in democracy and we are proud to offer all Atlanteans a free ride to and from their voting site on Tuesday,” said Lime CEO CJ Shaw. To receive two free rides up to 30 minutes on any Lime vehicle, Use the promo code ATLANTARIDETOPOLLS2021. (MDJOnline.com)
- Airbnb serves a different experience to Atlanta History Center. Instead of the typical Airbnb overnight stay, visitors are offered a “home tour through the centuries” of three historic houses and gardens. The walking tour takes place at Atlanta History Center Buckhead Campus and is part of a program launched by Airbnb with Made By Us, an alliance of history and civic organizations. The goal is to increase interest in cultural institutions, with 100% of proceeds going to organizations, including historic sites in Philadelphia, Washington, DC and Rochester, NY (Journalists)
Today’s Atlanta Daily is brought to you by our friends at Ring, the home security company. Ring does more than just doorbells: discover their full line of smart home products at Ring.com. And thank you ring to help shake up the local news in Atlanta!
- Atlanta City Police Department: Class 271 Swearing-in Ceremony: 20 Class 271 officers were sworn in at the Atlanta Police Department on Wednesday, October 27, 2021 in a private ceremony at the new Atlanta Police Academy located on campus of the Atlanta Metropolitan State College. ” (Facebook)
- Atlanta History Center: Atlanta History Center Midtown hosted a Día de Muertos celebration in partnership with the Consulado General de México’s office in Atlanta. honor the ancestors. “(Facebook)
- MARTA: “REMINDER: the federal mandate still requires the wearing of face masks at all times during public transport, including inside stations, buses, trains and streetcars. Customers who refuse to wear a mask are subject to a 12-hour suspension of … “(Facebook)
- Atlanta Humanitarian Society: “Meet Kaiser (yes, like the scroll!). This handsome guy is SO FUN. He has infectious energy and he even knows a few basic commands! “(Facebook)
- City of Atlanta: “Join #BankOnAtlanta to find out how having a bank account supports your goals of entrepreneurship, homeownership, savings and more. #OneAtlanta #GetBanked #BankOnAtlantaDay” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
You are now in the know and ready to go out this Tuesday. I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow morning with a new update! If you resent these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to read them. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Kathy cioffi
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Atlanta Daily? Contact [email protected] anytime.