9 Things to Do for a Birthday Party in Orlando: The Ultimate Pub Crawls
Whether you’re a local or visiting the City Beautiful, there’s so much to do for a birthday in Orlando. From amazing experiences you can’t have anywhere else to delicious dinners, there’s so much to choose from.
We have a full list of adult birthday ideas in orlando. Let’s goDive into one of our favorite things to do for a birthday in Orlando: pub crawls!
Pub crawls like progressive dinners allow you to hop from place to place. The social aspect of a birthday pub crawl is hard to beat. We have 9 different pub crawl choices for your big party.
Birthday Pub Crawls in Orlando
If you want to stick to traditional Orlando destinations, these pub crawls are for you. Exploring Sanford’s beer scene or the excitement of ICON Park or The Pointe Orlando are some of the best things to do for a birthday in orlando.
- Sanford Beer Tour
- ICON Park
- Orlando Point
- Walk at sunset
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin
Sanford Beer Tour
Have you ever wondered about the history of craft beer in historic downtown Sanford? The Sanford Craft Beer and History Tour cover everything! Sanford Brew & History Tour is led by renowned beer enthusiast and BJCP certified beer judge, Gary Holmes. Tours begin at 3:00 p.m. and last a minimum of 90 minutes.
The craft beer tour is $29 per person and beer samples are included. Everyone on the tour must be 21 years and older to participate in this tour. A valid government-issued ID is required as proof of age.
Of course, you can also create your own Sanford beer pub crawl as one of the things to do for a birthday in orlando.
These Sanford breweries are listed in order of proximity to each other. If you decide to enjoy a pub crawl around these breweries, remember to pace yourself and be safe.
There are over 15 different restaurants in ICON Park, as well as several places for snacks and treats. You can easily organize your own pub crawl here, as many restaurants have indoor and outdoor bars.
Here are our ICON Park restaurant picks for a birthday pub crawl:
- Tapa Toro
- Ole Red by Blake Shelton
- Orlando from Sloppy Joe
- Orlando tin roof
It is best to go in the order listed above. This is based on the location of each stop. And, the liveliness of each destination gradually picks up. Tin Roof Orlando and Blake Shelton’s Ole Red tend to have the liveliest atmospheres as the night goes on.
happy hours at ICON Park:
- Tapa Toro: Happy hour every day from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.; 2-for-1 drinks, half-price house beer/wine/sangria, half-price cocktail pitchers, and discounted appetizers
- Orlando tin roof: Monday – Friday 4pm-6pm; $1 off National Treats, $3 Whitney Rose, $3 Fireball, $3 House Wine, plus Saturday: Bottomless Mimosas 12-3 p.m.; Sunday: Happy Hour from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. (excluding food)
- court house: Monday to Friday from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. and Monday to Wednesday night from 10 p.m. to closing; Half price pizzas and selection of entrees, $2 off all beers/wines/spirits/cocktails on tap, $3 off 9oz wine, $4 off half yards
One of the most exciting destinations along International Drive in Orlando is The Pointe Orlando. We love the high-end cuisine here mixed with a balance of casual dining and great shopping.
Top picks for a pub crawl at The Pointe Orlando:
- The Hampton Company
- Tavern Opa
- Cuba Libre
- blue martini
The latter two are great destinations to cap off a birthday pub crawl. Cuba Libre and Blue Martini are great late-night spots for a birthday in orlando.
Walk at sunset
This walkable complex of shops and restaurants exudes a relaxed island vibe, making it ideal for a fun pub crawl. With Margaritaville Orlando Resort right next door, it’s a great birthday destination.
Here are our Sunset Walk restaurant picks for a birthday pub crawl:
- Rock N Brews
- The platform
- Barrel and Lion of Yeoman
- Euphoria Fish House at Margaritaville Orlando Resort
- Estefan Kitchen
Driving your birthday in orlando the pub crawl in the above order will give you a fun route. And it’s a pretty efficient order for exploring one side of Sunset Walk to the other. It’s a bit spread out so comfortable shoes are recommended.
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin
The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is an incredible resort located right in the center of the Walt Disney World property. Three hotels make a great destination, especially for a birthday pub crawl. There are tons of restaurants and lounges throughout the resort.
Our epic exploration will take you to five of the resort’s best bars and restaurants:
- Phins – Dolphin Hotel Lobby Bar (Dolphin)
- Bluezoo by Todd English (Dolphin)
- Shula’s Steak House (Dolphin)
- Il Mulino New York Trattoria (Swan)
- Kimono (Swan)
Get all the details and the route with our guide for a Swans and Dolphins Epic Food Tour of Walt Disney World.
If you love the theme park life, take it up a notch with these theme park birthday pub crawls. Going on a monorail pub crawl or having a drink around the world at EPCOT are popular things to do for a birthday in orlando. Or, do something a little different involving the Disney Skyliner or a Harry Potter pub crawl at Universal.
- Monorail pub crawl
- Disney Skyliner Pub Crawl
- Harry Potter Pub Crawl
- Drink around the world at EPCOT
Monorail pub crawl
Few things are as magical to celebrate a Disney adult’s birthday as a monorail pub crawl. Oh what a treat to board the monorail and hop from station to station sipping on signature drinks and delicious bites.
- Stop 1: Enchanted Rose Lounge at Disney’s Grand Floridian
- Stop 2: Steakhouse 71 Lounge at Disney’s Contemporary
- Stop 3: California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary
- Stop 4: Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto at Disney’s Polynesian Resort
Proper exploration requires some planning, so be sure to read our Complete Guide to a Monorail Pub Crawl.
Disney Skyliner Pub Crawl
Another magical pub crawl at Disney takes off. The Disney Skyliner is a fun alternative to having a birthday in orlando pub crawl.
DISNEY SKYLINER STATIONS
- Epcot International Gateway: A beautiful station inspired by European and Art Nouveau style with decorative elements that resemble moments of flight welcomes you to Epcot’s World Showcase. With park admission, you will enter Epcot via the international walkway between the France and UK pavilions.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: Located near the main entrance to the park, this station reflects the same Art Deco style. One of the benefits of arriving at the park via the Skyliner is that it’s the only place you get an elevated view of the park.
- Disney’s Riviera Resort: Disney’s newest resort is home to one of the line’s most stylish resorts. The Riviera Resort is a new Disney Vacation Club Resort slated to open in December 2019. Currently, only guests staying at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort can use this resort.
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort: This station acts as a hub connecting the three Disney Skyliner routes.
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort: Many guests have said that this resort has some of the best views. You’ll fly over the resort’s colorful larger-than-life structures and charming Hourglass Lake.
Before embarking on the most magical ride in the air, check out our Four Routes for a Disney Skyliner Gondola Ride.
Harry Potter Pub Crawl
Whether you’re a Muggle or already sorted into your Hogwarts house, a Harry Potter-themed pub crawl at Universal Orlando is so much fun.
Plan the perfect Harry Potter pub crawl for a birthday in orlando with our itinerary.
- Stop 1 – Three Brooms at Islands of Adventure
- Stop 2 – Hog’s Head Pub at Islands of Adventure
- Stop 3 – Board the Hogwarts Express train
- Stop 4 – Ice cream break at Florean Fortescue’s at Universal Studios Florida
- Stop 5 – Fountain of Fair Fortune at Universal Studios Florida
Get full details and additional pub crawl ideas with our How to Have an Epic Harry Potter Universal Pub CrawlI guide. We’ve included our favorite Harry Potter World drinks and snacks, along with tips for avoiding the long queues.
Drink around the world at EPCOT
Perhaps the most popular way to drink at Disney is to drink around the world at EPCOT. It is also very popular to debate whether it is better to start on the side of the Mexico pavilion or the side of the Canada pavilion.
Recommended itinerary for drinking around the world at EPCOT:
You may notice that not all pavilions are part of this birthday pub crawl. There are 7 stops on the list above which represents more than half of the pavilions.
If beer is your priority, explore the Best places to grab a beer at Disney World.
Tips and Reminders:
- Please designate a driver to ensure the safety of the birthday party
- Arrange a taxi or shared transport service if needed
- Stay hydrated: one glass of water per alcoholic drink is a good rule of thumb
- Universal Orlando CityWalk parking is free after 6:00 p.m.
- Parking at Disney Resort hotels technically requires a restaurant reservation or confirmed hotel reservation – this is especially enforced during major holidays
Image credit: Blue Martini Pointe Orlando