Airbnb celebrates the world of Bollywood with an online festival. Here is what you need to know | Condé Nast Traveler India | India
If there is one thing that almost all of India loves, it is Bollywood. The bling, the glamor, the fan following, the powerful stories, these are all the ingredients that make the movie industry so alluring.
And now, Airbnb, our favorite platform that promises transformative travel experiences, is ready to celebrate the world of Bollywood with an online festival.
Introducing Bollywood Insiders
Airbnb’s ten-day festival, August 13-22, 2021, Bollywood Insiders celebrates the vibrant world of Bollywood and offers a collection of online experiences accessible to customers around the world. So wherever you are, Miami, Moscow or Mumbai, experiences are just a click away.
What can you expect?
First and foremost, the festival will be hosted by the who’s who in the industry, so this is your chance to see and learn what’s really going on in the horse’s mouth. You can expect lots of fun, jokes, and trivia along the way. From learning audition preparation techniques with ace director Farah Khan, to an intimate fireside chat with International Emmy nominee Arjun Mathur, to showcasing your best dress style with the stylist. celebrity Tanya Ghavri, you can experience firsthand the rigorous training and preparation facing their favorite Bollywood stars.
The schedule is packed with sessions that will reveal a facet of the industry that is usually not seen by the public. Here’s what to watch out for:
- Learn about the life of an actor in an unscripted conversation with Arjun Mathur, who will share his personal journey and discuss the skills and traits that fueled his fame
- Discover the secrets of filmmaking with Farah khan who will also share tips on preparing for auditions
- Cook some of the most indulgent cheat meals favored by Bollywood stars with an award-winning chef Vicky ratnani
- Jam with Bollywood singer Shilpa rao
- Get style advice from a celebrity stylist Tanya Ghavri who has worked with popular Bollywood figures such as Kareena Kapoor, Sonam Kapoor Ahuja and Sara Ali Khan, among many others
- Start a rewarding fitness journey with the celebrity trainer Shivoham, who sculpted people like Ranbir Kapoor, Aamir Khan and Jacqueline Fernandez
- Get a fabulous photo with the beauty iconNamrata Soni makeup session based on her experience with Deepika Padukone, Sonam Kapoor Ahuja, Janhvi Kapoor and Sara Ali Khan, to only cite a few.
We all know how Bollywood influences cultural trends in the country, whether it’s through the latest star-endorsed fashion style or a healthy smoothie they’ve been seen with. From makeup and hairstyling fashions to fashion trends, culinary developments, fitness regimes, decor styles and more, Bollywood touches many areas. With this festival, we go behind the scenes!
What Arjun Mathur had to say about Bollywood Insiders
Here is what Arjun Mathur had to say about this unique collaboration: “As an actor, I have always believed in paying up front and I cherish every opportunity to share my knowledge with others, whether they are actors. budding or just movie fans. “
Mathur went on to share, “My collaboration with Airbnb gives me the opportunity to share my industry learnings with a wider audience who are as fascinated by films as I am. I’ve been an Airbnb host for a few years now, since I listed my Goa villa on the platform, but this is my first time hosting an experience online. I can’t wait to connect with moviegoers from all over the world and introduce them to the nuances of the profession.
With Bollywood Insiders, Airbnb is ready to celebrate the Bollywood phenomenon in all its glory. So what are you waiting for? Reserve your place now on www.airbnb.com/
Bollywood Insiders will take place August 13-22, 2021 IST. All online experiences will be available for booking starting August 10 at 10:00 AM HIST on a first come, first served basis.