BetMGM bonus code offers different values per state for CFB, NFL
two different BetMGM Bonus Codes are available on Friday night and for the rest of this weekend’s football slate, depending on which state you register and bet from.
- If you are in Kansas, Illinois or Louisiana, bonus code ACTIONYARD will access $200 in free bets if you place a $10 bet on any game – NFL or college – and the team throws for 1 yard or more. A no-brainer offer that is better than the risk-free bet.
- Users in Arizona, Colorado, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, NJ, Tennessee, Virginia, WV, Wyoming or Washington DC get a $1,000 risk-free bet with ACTION bonus code.
- If you are in New York, Nevada, Pennsylvania, or Mississippi, no new user offers are available.
The $200 free bet offer is better, so if you’re in Kansas, Illinois, or Louisiana, you’ll want to use that.
Here is the code for each state:
Not sure how all these promotions work? We will explain in more detail below.
Risk Free Betting Bonus at BetMGM
Let’s see how the risk free bet works first, as you will want to place it before using the free bet.
- If you win your first bet at BetMGM: You keep the stake and the profits, which turn into real money that you can stake or withdraw.
- If you lose your first bet at BetMGM: You will get your initial stake back in free bets.
So to get the value of $1000, you need to deposit and wager $1000 on your first bet.
OK, it’s time for a concrete example of how this could play out Friday night with Tulane vs. Houston at 7 p.m.
Most bettors won’t deposit $1,000, so let’s say you bet $250. You bet the $250 on Tulane moneyline, which pays +115 at BetMGM.
- If Tulane wins, you score $287.50 in profit, plus the original $250 return.
- If Tulane loses, you will still receive $250 in free bets.
Don’t worry, we’ll explain more about free bets below.
If you don’t know what +115 means, try our 12 tips for beginners in sports betting or our explanation of how to read American odds.
How free bets work at BetMGM
From these promotions, there are two main ways to end up with free bets – if you are in a state with ACTIONYARD or if you lose your bet without risk.
How can you use them? It goes like this:
- If your free bet wins, you keep the winnings (but not the free bet itself; it doesn’t turn into money, it just goes away).
- If your free bet loses, you end up with nothing.
Free bets are split into smaller increments at BetMGM, so you don’t have to bet them all at once. However, we’re going into this example just to keep things simple.
You place the $300 on Wake Forest to upset Florida State on Saturday. Demon Deacons are set at +200 at BetMGM.
- If Wake Forest wins, you’ll get $600, but won’t keep the initial $300 in free bets. So now you have $600 in your account from your $200 deposit from the Tulane-Houston game.
- If Wake Forest loses, you end up with $0.
BetMGM bonus code details
- Promo code: STOCK Where ACTIONYARD (KS, IL, LA only)
- Offer details: Deposit and bet $10, get $200 free bet or $1000 risk free bet
- Available in: AZ, CO, DC, IA, IL, IN, KS, LA, MI, NJ, TN, VA, WV and WY
- Offer for: New BetMGM Users
How do I register for BetMGM Sportsbook?
Signing up for BetMGM only takes a few minutes.
- Click here register.
- Enter accurate registration information (name, address, last four digits of SSN)
- Redeem bonus code BetMGM STOCK Where ACTIONYARD at the register
- Deposit with your bank account, credit card or PayPal
Remember: to benefit from these promotions, you must deposit at least $10.
If you don’t live in a state with online betting but travel to another state, it’s perfectly legal to sign up and bet, as long as you’re within state boundaries.
Just enter your real information and don’t use a fake address like your Airbnb address or a friend’s address if they are in a legal state and you don’t live there. You are allowed to bet as long as you are in the state.
How to use your BetMGM free bets
Although betting with less money seems to bode well, it is better to take advantage of it when the opportunity arises and go for more money. The best way to use free bets is on long strokes.
The bigger the line, the more expected value you get over time. Things that are priced between +300 and +600 in tight markets, which means the gap between the two sides is not too big, are the optimal way to go.
That said, check out how our experts see the list of opportunities heading into week 5:
How would you rate this article?