Fall sales for low cost flights
When you buy through our links, Insider may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.
- Southwest Airlines is offering sales on fall fares through August 12, with one-way flights starting at $ 49.
- For the best prices, book travel between August 24 and December 15, although blackout dates apply.
- We found the best deals including New York to Florida for $ 141 or Los Angeles to Hawaii for $ 139.
If you’re considering an upcoming trip, Southwest Airlines just made that decision a lot easier with their current fall fare sale.
Until August 12, book cheap flights for travel dates in the continental United States, Hawaii, Mexico and the Caribbean between August 24 and December 15. One-way plane tickets start at $ 49.
Just be aware that you must have a purchase 21 days in advance and blackout dates apply. While the cheapest prices don’t include vacations like Thanksgiving, you can still find flight deals for high-altitude travel if you’re flexible with dates and times.
Unlike the current fall airfare sale of Alaska, which is more limited to the West Coast, Southwest’s flight network covers much of the United States, offering many non-stop options from cities on the east coast like New York, Orlando or Atlanta. Book a regional or cross-country flight, or plan a beach vacation in Hawaii or the Caribbean for well under $ 200 one way.
Here’s where you can find cheap flights on Southwest.
- $ 49 Houston-New Orleans
- $ 49 Las Vegas-Las Angeles
- $ 67 Myrtle Beach-Pittsburgh
- $ 69 Atlanta-West Palm Beach
- $ 78 Detroit-Nashville
- $ 94 Nashville-Fort Myers
- $ 100 Albany-Chicago
- $ 100 Denver-Las Vegas
- $ 108 Fort Lauderdale-Nassau, Bahamas
- $ 110 Miami-Houston
- $ 110 Chicago-Dallas
- $ 116 Indianapolis-Orlando
- $ 121 New York-Orlando
- $ 139 Los Angeles-Honolulu, Maui, Kona or Lihue
- $ 148 Hartford-Denver
- $ 169 Phoenix-Kona or Lihue
- $ 189 Austin-Cancun
How to find cheap flights on Southwest
To find the best prices, use Southwest’s Low Fare Calendar. From here you can choose your departure and return months and see the cheapest prices for each day of the month.
The cheapest tickets will be the “Wanna Get Away” fare, which includes two free checked bags, no change fees, a flight credit if you have to cancel, and the potential to earn miles for frequent travelers. That’s a huge savings considering you can travel on one route for $ 49 for less than checking two bags on almost any other airline.
For around $ 30 more, the “Anytime” rate is fully refundable with same-day standby options, while “Business Select” for an additional $ 50 to $ 100 includes priority boarding and security as well as a drink. premium. As with all Southwest flights, you cannot choose your seat in advance.