Firefighters rush to burning apartments in Bolton after the kitchen fills the room with smoke

Firefighters were called to a building in Bolton after a fire in a kitchen caused part of the building to fill with smoke.

Residents of Clarendon Gardens in Bromley Cross called 999 around 12:30 p.m. today (Monday, November 22) after discovering the hallway outside their apartments was covered in smoke.

Teams from the central and northern Bolton fire stations were able to bring the blaze under control after about an hour at the scene.

READ MORE:Criminals jailed in Greater Manchester this week

Fortunately, no one was injured in the fire.

A spokesperson for the Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service said: ‘At around 12:30 pm this afternoon (22 November) three fire engines from the Bolton Central and Bolton North fire stations witnessed an incident in a apartment building in Clarendon Gardens, Bromley Cross, following reports of smoke in a communal hallway.



Fortunately, no one was injured in the fire

“The teams arrived quickly and discovered a fire involving the kitchen of an apartment on the first floor.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel to put out the fire, along with a gas detector and positive pressure ventilator to check adjacent properties and secure the area.

“The GMFRS crews were present for about an hour. “

Sign up for MEN newsletters to get the latest sports news, news, current affairs and more by following this link

Comments are closed.