Jet2 announces major expansion for summer 2022 with 60,000 new seats on sale
Tour operator and airline Jet2 is adding 60,000 new seats to its vacation program next summer to meet demand from customers desperate for a trip abroad.
The carrier adds more than 300 additional flights to a range of popular sun and leisure destinations for summer 2022 from its base at Newcastle Airport, serving large swathes of northern England and the south of Scotland.
The announcement means additional capacity and more frequent flights to destinations across mainland Spain, the Balearic Islands, the Canary Islands, Turkey, Greece, Bulgaria and Italy. The additional capacity is concentrated in the peak summer season, with additional flights at the start and end of summer.
The services include:
- Mainland Spain – additional services to Malaga (up to nine weekly services now on sale), Alicante (up to ten weekly services now on sale) and Reus (up to four weekly services now on sale).
- the Canary Islands – additional services to Lanzarote (up to six weekly services now on sale), Fuerteventura (up to three weekly services now on sale), Tenerife (up to eight weekly services on sale) and Gran Canaria (up to three weekly services on sale).
- the Balearic Islands – additional services to Ibiza (up to seven weekly services now on sale) and Mallorca (up to 13 weekly services on sale).
- Turkey – additional services on sale at Antalya means up to eight weekly services now on sale.
- Greece – more flights to Greece thanks to additional services at Corfu (up to three weekly services now on sale), Crete (Heraklion) (up to three weekly services now on sale), Rhodes (up to three weekly services now on sale) and Kos (up to two weekly services on sale).
- Cyprus – additional services added to both Paphos and Larnaca which means up to three weekly services now on sale to both destinations.
- Bourgas (Sunny Beach, Bulgaria) – now up to two weekly services operating during peak holiday season.
- Rome – more services in May and June as well as in September and October means up to two weekly services.
Do you dream of when you might be able to go on vacation again and where it could be? Want the latest travel and vacation news delivered straight to your inbox to help you plan ahead?
register here for regular updates on the latest travel tips, as well as the best destinations and wonderful places to stay after Covid.
When you subscribe, we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they will include recommendations for other newsletters or related services that we offer. Our privacy notice explains more about how we use your data and your rights. You can unsubscribe anytime.
Steve Heapy, Managing Director of Jet2.com and Jet2vacances, said: “While there is still a huge pent-up demand for summer 21, bookings for next summer look very encouraging as guests look to plan ahead and have a well-deserved vacation. in their agenda.
“This request applies throughout the summer season, so we are expanding our program and adding additional planes to allow us to perform more flights to the sun for customers traveling from Newcastle Airport.
“With 35 destinations on sale and up to 125 weekly flights departing during peak periods, this expansion gives vacationers more choice, more flexibility and more reasons to book their well-deserved flights and true package holidays. “