Meghan Markle’s estranged father Thomas Markle rushed to hospital after suspected stroke

Meghan Markle’s estranged father has been taken to hospital suffering from a suspected stroke.

Thomas Markle Snr was due to fly to the UK for the Queen’s Jubilee next week.

However, on Monday evening, he began experiencing pain at his home in Rosarito, Mexico.

READ MORE: Edinburgh police release CCTV after serious assault outside Hive nightclub

Paramedics were called and he was taken by ambulance to Tijuana with an oxygen mask strapped to his face and transported around 9:30 p.m. to a hospital across the border in Chula Vista, California.

His two eldest will be at his side.

His son, Thomas Markle Jnr, 55, now lives near his father, while eldest daughter Samantha, 57, arrives from her home in Florida to be with her father.

A source said: “Tom couldn’t talk to paramedics, he was so breathless. He had to write down his symptoms on a piece of paper.”

Warning signs of the retired lighting director’s failing health emerged last week in a court document.

Mr Markle, 77, is currently pursuing legal action against the paparazzi company he faked photos with before his daughter’s wedding in May 2018.

Last week, staff at the California Superior Court, where the case was filed, was scheduled to hold a hearing involving both parties.

But according to a court document filed May 19, he was suspended.

The documents, obtained by the Mirror, read: “Court staff receive a phone call from the claimant’s son before the hearing stating that the claimant has suffered a medical emergency.”

It’s unclear what the problem was, but sources say Mr Markle suffered his attack on Monday night after suffering extreme tension.

Mr Markle has not seen his royal daughter in years but has given several TV interviews about her marriage to Prince Harry since joining The Firm. It is believed that he has not met his grandchildren, Archie and Lilibet.

He also made a series of negative assertions about Harry. Responding to the Duke’s claims that the Royal Family as “the family [Meghan] never had,” he said, “That was an insult and that was bullshit.”

The 77-year-old, who is estranged from Meghan’s mother Doria, was planning to travel to the UK in the coming days for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations.

Speaking in an interview with GB News, he said he hoped to spend time with the royal family, especially Prince Charles.

He said: “I can’t wait to be there. I’m going to show my respect to the Queen and I’m going to make sure the Queen understands that all my family respects the Queen and the Royal Family and we look up to them and we want let them know that’s how we feel about them.”

Meghan and Harry are also flying to the UK for the celebrations and are bringing their children Archie and Lilibet to the delight of royal fans.

The Sussexes will not be part of the Trooping the Color balcony moment, but are expected to join The Firm for other events over the exceptional bank holiday weekend.

Mr Markle was unable to travel to the UK for Meghan and Harry’s royal wedding in 2019 due to health concerns. He was to walk the bride down the aisle, but she took the walk instead before being joined by her stepfather Charles for the final steps.

At the time, she said: “Unfortunately my father will not be attending our wedding.

“I have always taken care of my dad and hope he can have the space he needs to focus on his health.

“I want to thank everyone who offered generous messages of support. Please know how much Harry and I look forward to sharing our special day with you on Saturday.”

It was later discovered that Mr Markle had staged paid photographs for paparazzi in the US weeks before his wedding, which he had refused to Harry.

He later admitted he was paid for the photos, although his daughter Samantha told the press it was her idea and that she wanted to show how her dad was “getting fit and doing great things healthy” before attending the wedding.

Two weeks before the wedding, he underwent heart surgery, which would have helped explain why he was not at the wedding.



Get all the latest news and headlines from Edinburgh, Fife and Lothians straight to your inbox twice a day by signing up to our free newsletter.

From breaking news to breaking news on Scotland’s coronavirus crisis, we’ve got you covered.

The morning newsletter arrives before 9 a.m. daily and the evening newsletter, hand-curated by the team, is sent out at 6:30 p.m., giving you insight into the most important stories of the day.

To sign up, just enter your email address in this link here and select Daily News.

Relations between Meghan, 40, and her father have since deteriorated, and they have not spoken since.

He was due to give evidence on behalf of a Sunday newspaper against the Duchess after she sued for publishing a private letter she wrote to him.

She finally won the case against the Mail on Sunday before a trial, seeing him as unnecessary in the case.

Mr Markle later vowed to sue the Sussexes so he could meet his grandchildren, calling the pair ‘bad’ parents.

He claimed the Duke and Duchess made ‘mistakes’ raising their son Archie, three, and Lilibet, 11 months.

Comments are closed.