Moulin Rouge fans can stay at Paris’ iconic spot for a night for €1 on Airbnb but there’s a catch
Moulin Rouge fans can now book a night at the iconic venue – which has never been open to the public – for just €1, according to Airbnb.
The venue has unveiled a secluded room inside the iconic red windmill that will transport guests back in time to the late 19th century. Few people are aware of the space inside the windmill.
The interior of the windmill has been transformed into a Belle Époque-inspired boudoir, reminiscent of the cabaret era.
READ MORE: Airbnb owner baffled by confused guest who couldn’t open fridge or use oven
Guests will be able to peek behind the velvet curtains of the legendary landmark, including backstage access to the theatre, a traditional three-course French meal, top seats at the famous Féerie du Moulin Rouge show and one night inside the iconic windmill.
Principal dancer Claudine Van Den Bergh will be the one to open the doors to the stunning hideaway and host three individual one-night stays for two guests each on June 13, 20 and 27.
Speaking about the new offering, Mr Van Der Bergh said: “Attending a show at the Moulin Rouge offers an escape from everyday life and an incredible immersion in the glamor and grandeur of the French Music Hall.
“The Belle Époque-inspired interior of our much-loved windmill will transport guests to the era from which this timeless cabaret emerged.”
According to the advertisement, “Upon arrival guests will be treated to a carefully curated evening designed to embrace the grandeur of the illustrious cabaret.”
- A private tour of the Moulin Rouge: its history, its costumers and behind the scenes.
- An aperitif on the romantic rooftop terrace followed by a three-course dinner from the Belle Époque menu prepared by resident chef Arnaud Demerville. A classic Parisian breakfast will also be served the following morning.
- A meeting with the main dancer and Airbnb host, Claudine Van Den Bergh in her dressing room and photos on stage with the cast of the show.
- The best seats in the house during the Moulin Rouge spectacle, Féerie: a fantastical world of feathers and French opulence, with sensational performances, sumptuous sets and original music.
- And of course, an unforgettable night inside the famous red windmill.
There’s a catch, though: Guests can only request to book one of three individual one-night stays on June 13, 20, and 27 beginning Tuesday, May 17 at airbnb.com/moulinrouge.
Get the latest news delivered to your inbox by subscribe to our newsletter.