Over 6,000 ‘potentially risky’ San Diego Airbnb bookings blocked last year

REGION – Airbnb today announced that its initiative to crack down on unauthorized parties in San Diego has prevented more than 6,000 “potentially risky reservation attempts” from occurring locally over the past year.

The company says its national policy launched last year prohibits guests under the age of 25 from booking entire homes in their area if they don’t have a history of positive reviews.

Statistics for San Diego were released before the weekend of July 4, when large rallies are expected due to the holidays and the recent easing of restrictions on coronaviruses.

Over the coming Independence Day weekend, guests without a history of positive reviews will be prohibited from making overnight reservations in real estate listings across the United States.

“Parties are rare, and the vast majority of guests in San Diego contribute positively and are respectful,” read a statement from Airbnb. “However, when parties do take place we know it can be confusing for hosts and neighbors, which is why we have continued to invest in trust and security.”

The company also recently announced the extension of its global holiday ban until the end of this summer. The ban, launched in large part due to the COVID-19 pandemic, will be reviewed at the end of the summer, when “we will provide another update on the future of the policy,” said the company in a press release.

Last summer, Airbnb announced that its party ban enforcement efforts resulted in the removal or suspension of 17 listings in San Diego County from the company’s platform.

The ads, located in San Diego, Escondido, and La Mesa, “received complaints or violated our party and event policies,” the company said.

Comments are closed.