Today in European Tech: Hepsiburada in Turkey goes public, grocery delivery start-up Rohlik grabs 100 million euros, Getir buys Blok, and more
Here is what happened today in European Tech.
– Hepsiburada.com was valued at $ 3.9 billion when it went public on the Nasdaq, the first such listing on the stock exchange by a Turkish company. The company, one of the largest online shopping platforms in Turkey, sold shares for $ 12 apiece and plans to use the proceeds to provide additional services such as flight reservations and money transfers.
– Hewlett Packard Enterprise has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Israeli cloud data protection and management company Zerto for $ 374 million in cash.
– Rohlik, a Prague-based online grocery delivery startup obtained a round of funding of 100 million euros of series C for a valuation of 1 billion euros. Led by Index Ventures, the capital injection will support Rohlik’s expansion; the company has already been launched in Hungary and Austria and plans to start operating in Munich in the coming months.
– Rapyd, a payment platform for integrating fintech services into any application announced its definitive agreement with Arion Banki to acquire Icelandic payment solutions company Valitor for $ 100 million, subject to regulatory approval.
– Getir, the Turkish startup that built a $ 7.5 billion business a mobile application that allows consumers to do their shopping and have it delivered in a few minutes, acquires Blok, another Barcelona-based “instant delivery” grocery store.
– Veepee (formerly Vente-Privé.com) signed its first financing agreement for an amount of 80 million euros with the European Investment Bank. It will be used to finance Veepee’s digital transformation investments.
– Codat based in London, the technology company that enables small businesses to seamlessly share business and financial data with financial services providers and others, secured $ 40 million in a Series B round led by Tiger Global, also involving existing investors Index Ventures and PayPal Ventures.
– Estonian-based supercapacitor company Skeleton Technologies raised € 29 million as an extension of their Series D round, bringing the total to € 70.4 million.
– Itsme, the digital identity application held by a consortium of Belgian banks and telecommunications received a capital injection of 24.7 million euros.
– Israel’s Juno Journey, which created a AI platform to improve employee professional development, raised $ 19 million in Series A funding.
– Manufacturers of next-generation displays and devices in the United States, China and Japan are already using VividQ’s computer generated holographic technologies, now it’s just a matter of waiting for Tony Starks’ holotable to go from science fiction to scientific reality. To this end, VividQ has raised an additional £ 11million as part of a seed extension round.
– We also followed a large number of (others) European technology financing tours and M&A transactions, of which we offer a practical list on Friday afternoon in our weekly newsletter (note: the complete list is reserved for paying customers). Also check out our European tech news section for ongoing coverage.
To read / to know
– Retail giant Amazon announced the launch of a new development center in Helsinki that was created specifically to support Amazon Scout, the autonomous delivery vehicle active in the United States.
– Nissan on Thursday announced plans to build a £ 1 billion “gigafactory” in Sunderland, UK, in a major boost to the country’s electric vehicle plans.
– With his High Tech Strategy 2025, Germany has announced its ambitions to position itself at the forefront of the next technological revolution, although critics say Europe’s largest economy still has some catching up to do.
– The authorities of Paris and other French cities may regulate local businesses wishing to rent property on Airbnb, according to a decree issued by the French government.
– London is missing The $ 4.4 billion Spac boom in Europe.
– The European Commission has launched its European Defense Fund (EDF) of 7.9 billion euros, opening 23 calls for an amount of 1.2 billion euros for collaborative defense R&D projects.
– Today, icon group announced the reorganization of the company into a global innovation group offering full service innovation from idea to scale, which will include a € 25.3 million venture capital fund.
The best tweets of the day
Even though lifting is not the alpha and omega of @LaFrenchTech, it’s still a great sign that the ecosystem has raised almost as much in one semester (4.7M €) as the whole of 2020 (5.4M €) 🚀 https://t.co/1D47RYvXrS
– Kat Borlongan (@katborlongan) July 1, 2021
1 / Yesterday I spoke to @ 4YFN_MWC the flashy 50-60 billion euro statistic for European tech shows powerful compound growth, but I think there’s a much deeper multiplier effect at play here. I just blogged about it here https://t.co/4OB04q2j2s
– Mattias Ljungman (@Ljungman) July 1, 2021
– Atomico (@atomico) July 1, 2021
Despite a year in which the European tech sector raised a record amount of funding, the amount of funds allocated to all-female founding teams in Central and Eastern Europe fell from a high of 4.1% in 2018 to just 1 % in 2020https: //t.co / akP7mATpE4
– Pavlína Louženská (@Pavlina_speaks) July 1, 2021
We are delighted to publish our 2021 Impact Report. Visit our website to download it: https://t.co/AEGT6a6YsQ pic.twitter.com/fs5Gt6EkKa
– Future positive capital (@wearefpc) July 1, 2021
– Alexandre Barbosa (@agarciabarbosa) July 1, 2021
Meet the press @ Europas @mikebutcher: the best technical journalists in the EU – including @shonaghosh, @MStothard, @robinwauters, and @atbwebb, to focus on what they cover, what trends they see emerging and, above all, how to approach them during the pitch. https://t.co/2JlCCElM28
– Marie🦄 (@maryglazkova) July 1, 2021
Opera introduces the world’s first alternative browser optimized for Chrome OS! 🎉 Growing number of Chromebook users can now take advantage of Opera’s unique features like a free built-in VPN, built-in messaging and a powerful ad blocker. Learn more: https://t.co/n024t6UIIU
– Opera (@ opera) July 1, 2021
🚀Welcome MyC! 🚀 Their revolutionary healthcare management platform will help large companies and medical sites around the world connect seamlessly to collect and manage data and deliver predictive analytics. #ElaiaFamily @tech_eu @sensorpunk https://t.co/dRbmLndyVA
– @Elaia_Partners (@Elaia_Partners) July 1, 2021
Following the $ 75 million financing of @brutofficiel yesterday I spoke with the CEO @glxbrut, who co-founded Brut with @renaudlvk and @lorentlucas. The French company has become an international phenomenon thanks to its short value-oriented videos and podcasts. https://t.co/WlJqNlRusg
– Chris O’Brien (@obrien) July 1, 2021
Let us know what you think of this daily roundup and how we can improve it!
And follow us on Twitter of course.