Your guide to Birmingham’s most awesome weekend events, October 29-31
Reading time 4 minutes
Halloween weekend is finally here, and it brings an endless list of cool events to attend around Birmingham. If you’re looking for the best time, here’s what to expect, October 29-31.
This weekend in the magic city
Live theater is back
Where? At the newly refurbished Harrison Theater at Samford University and we applaud. This Thursday-Sunday, October 28-31, see local actors from Samford Arts + Miles College at Crumbs from the table of joy. The coming of age story follows memories of Ernestine, a 17-year-old African American, and how her family finds peace after the loss of her mother. This piece is a must see, so get your tickets now.
The grills are on fire!
Saturday October 30 marks the 25th Harbor Kids Cast Iron Grill Cook-Off, and it’s going to be a A1 time. Held at Cahaba Brewing Co. from 4pm to 7pm, sample local music and jam, while supporting a good cause. Tickets available here.
This is absolutely TERRIFIC… or is it?
Fun and spooky go hand in hand this pumpkin lover weekend, and the Fennec is ready! They’re having their first Halloween party on Friday, October 29 from 8:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m., and it’s sure to be a blast. From specialty cocktails to costume contests, take your tickets now for $ 20. Tickets cost $ 20. Night of dread @ Fennec. 8 p.m. to 2 a.m. $ 15 to $ 20. Tickets.
The adult IS fun
Looking to attend an adult Halloween party? The Pizitz After Dark — Spooky Edition event is the right time you are looking for. Join all the pooches on Saturday October 30 from 8 p.m. to midnight for tarot card readings, live DJs + many LED circus artists. The fun is free, don’t miss a moment.
More to discover
- Friday October 29: Trick or treat @ Humanitarian Society of Greater Birmingham. 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Donation of pet food for entry.
- Saturday-Sunday October 30-31: Hoots and howls @ Birmingham Zoo. 10 am-4pm. The price varies. Tickets.
- Wednesday-Sunday 3-7 November: Christmas village festival @ The BJCC. Wednesday 9 am-4pm, Thursday-Saturday 9 am-7pm, Sunday 11 am-5pm. Adults – $ 12, children $ 5. Tickets.
- Saturday November 6: Bark in the park @ Veterans Park – Alabaster. 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Free entry.
- Saturday-Sunday November 6-7: Moss Rock Festival @ Hoover Metropolitan Complex. Saturday 10 am-5pm, Sunday 10 am-4pm. Advance – $ 10 (15 + less – FREE), At the door – $ 12 (15 + less – FREE).
Offer of the week
Get great deals on cleaning services from To sweep up with the discount code BHMNOW2021. ??
Find more offers and add yours to our Small Business Guide.