Airbnb’s most liked homes on Instagram in 2022, from California to the UK
These vacation rentals have Instagram users hitting the “like” button in droves.
And it’s no wonder.
The most popular Airbnb, a jaw-dropping asshole in the Dominican Republic, has garnered more than 20,000 likes, with social media users charmed by the epic mountain views the accommodation opens up to.
Two American Airbnbs feature in the top 10 – a house perched on California’s rugged Big Sur coast and a quaint cabin nestled in New York’s Hudson Valley. Other jaw-dropping rentals on the list include a charming English cottage, a “budget” abode in the Spanish countryside, and a hidden glass cabin in a Brazilian forest.
Taking into account the cost of rentals, Airbnb says: “With inflation and the rising cost of living, affordability is a priority for many as they parade dreamily from one post to another – there is no So it’s no surprise that some of the most popular posts on Airbnb’s Instagram for 2022 include high-value stays. Scroll down for the full list, presented here in reverse order…
ten. THE ATTIC OF THE COES VINEYARD (ROTHERFIELD, SUSSEX): Tenth on the list is this “charming” one-bedroom cottage, which sits in the heart of the “picturesque” Coes Estate. Likes – 4,449
9. THE NATURE PARADISE OF MY DREAM (CHENGGONG, TAIWAN): Airbnb says this “quirky” cabin, which sits in a bamboo forest, was “built from the ground up using natural materials by its nature-loving host Nancy and her family.” Likes – 6,136
8. YOUR HOME IN PARADISE (BENALAURIA, MALAGA, SPAIN): This “magnificent” 100-year-old Spanish mansion is said to retain “the essence of a traditional village house”. Airbnb adds: “At 55 euros (£48) a night, this is the perfect ‘wish list’ home for anyone looking for a bargain.” Likes – 7,157
7. THE WORKSHOP-SHOP (GHENT, BELGIUM): According to a guest, this “tastefully decorated” Ghent apartment sits above the “best cafe in town, where coffee is included and the breakfast is outstanding.” Likes – 7,682
6. ARELAUQUEN APARTMENT WITH SUPERB VIEW (SAN CARLOS DE BARILOCHE, RIO NEGRO, ARGENTINA): Enjoy “stunning views” of the forested hillside of Cerro Otto, a peak in Patagonia, from this two-bedroom apartment. Airbnb notes that it is “perfect for a small family with a taste for adventure”. Likes – 12,097
5. VILLA PAIRIDAEZA (KAS, ANTALYA, TURKEY): Airbnb says this rental is a short drive from the Blue Flag beach of Kalkan and offers “stunning sea and island views” from its terraces and rooms. He adds that it is ‘bookable for as little as 40 euros (£35) per person when shared with friends’. Likes – 13,413
4. CLIFF HOUSE (MONTEREY, CA): Guests can “enjoy stunning ocean views from almost every room” of this “quiet and private” four-bedroom home, which sits near “iconic” Highway 1 , a scenic drive that hugs the Big Sur coast. Likes – 14,045
3. STEP BY 127 CABIN CO (MONTGOMERY, NY): “Reconnect with nature on this unforgettable getaway,” says Airbnb. Billed as a “little slice of heaven,” this Hudson Valley home was built on 78 acres (32 hectares) of farmland “a stone’s throw from quaint Montgomery.” Likes – 14,612
2. GLASS CABIN IN THE FOREST (SANTA CATARINA, BRAZIL): “Located in Vale das Furnas, a 27-hectare (67-acre) forest in a canyon, this simple, beautiful, and affordable cabin is designed for total immersion in nature,” says Airbnb. Likes – 15,436
1. HOUSE OF SANCHEZ (SAN JOSE DE OCOA, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC): Airbnb says this mountain getaway — number one overall — is the “perfect perch to snuggle up and enjoy breathtaking sunsets.” Like – 20,463