And just like that … you can stay in Carrie’s apartment (and closet) from Sex and the City
This is the sandstone apartment we all dreamed of on the Upper East Side, and now a lucky few have the chance to climb those steps into Carrie Bradshow’s New York apartment. And yes, you can even use this glorious closet – Patricia Field tutu included.
Hosted by Sarah Jessica Parker herself, desperate romantics can sip Cosmos, type on their laptops and chat with friends on a cordless phone, as well as enjoy friendship-driven experiences like brunch in Chelsea and a fashion focused photo shoot.
SJP will host two overnight stays for up to two guests each on November 12 and 13 for just $ 23 a night, in honor of the 23 years since we were first introduced to The Columnist of advice and friends.
“The character of Carrie Bradshaw is close and dear to my heart, and revisiting her world for the rest of the Sex and the City story has been such a joy,” Parker said.
“I am delighted that our audience is discovering Carrie’s New York City like never before and walking in her place, literally, for the first time.”
So we couldn’t help but wonder … what would a night at Carrie’s be like? During their stays, clients will be immersed in a typical Carrie experience with:
- A virtual welcome to the recording of Sarah Jessica Parker herself, and a narration recalling the stimulating introduction to each episode.
- The opportunity to descend the steps of his brownstone and stroll through the streets of Manhattan (splash of a city bus not included).
- Cosmopolitans for a toast with friends.
- The chance to admire and dress in Carrie’s iconic closet, complete with her favorite looks (like the Patricia Field tutu she wears in the opening credits), designers and, of course, shoes!
- A styling and photoshoot where guests can channel their inner fashionistas.
Sex and the City fans can request to book a stay from Monday, November 8 at airbnb.com/sexandthecity.