Connect with nature and relax at the Hawks Nest Cabin overlooking the Delaware River
Connect with nature and relax at the Hawks Nest Cabin overlooking the Delaware River – Airbnb Reviews by Photographer Maxwell Alexander
Just recently I had the opportunity to stay at the amazing Hawk’s Nest Cabin in Port Jervis and I really felt like it was a life changing experience that everyone has to try one day. We all know that travel is one thing that helps us escape the misery of daily routines and recharge our capacity for enthusiasm, but this time it felt like a whole new level just because of the inspiring natural surroundings that surround the cabin. Not to mention, you’ll have to drive the most scenic winding road in the entire northeast – The Falcon’s Nest Highway which is only 2 minutes from the cabin.
Before you get to the cabin and why you should consider staying there for your next Catskills vacation, check out these simple tips on how nature can help change your perspective on life.
5 ways being in nature will change your outlook on life
It’s never too late to take a deep breath, step away from your phone and open your eyes to nature. It’s easier than you think and you can do it virtually anywhere.
- Look up at the sky – the stars provide a sense of wonder not found in the city.
- Listen carefully to the sounds of nature – try counting how many different birds or crickets you hear in a minute!
- Remember that we are all interconnected – notice how much plants and animals depend on each other for their survival, including humans!
- Participate in physical activity outside – challenge yourself by trying an obstacle course or climbing a mountain!
- Enjoy peace and quiet observing the little things – it’s hard to find that anywhere but in nature. I do this by zooming in on the beauty of nature through macro photographywhich is my way of meditating.
In today’s busy world, it can be difficult to find time to relax and unwind. Instead of spending time in town or at home, consider spending time away from it all at Hawks Nest Cabin in Port Jervis, NY. With its breathtaking view of the Delaware River and the surrounding hills, it is an ideal destination for those who want to disconnect from the world and connect with nature. Here are 10 reasons why you should book your next Hawks Nest Cabin vacation and reconnect with nature this fall!
- The Hawks Nest Cabin is an incredible space with stunning views of the Delaware River.
- This contemporary cottage has all the comforts of home, plus a large hot tub and fire pit for you to enjoy in your down time.
- You will be surrounded by nature with deer, hawks, herons and foxes right outside your windows. Indeed, one morning during my stay, I saw a black bear wandering around the cabin!
- Hiking trails are available down the road for exploration when you need a break from your cabin meditation or just want to experience the outdoors firsthand.
- There is access to the river where you can kayak in warm weather (or fish if you like and have the permit).
- When it gets dark, relax in front of the roaring wood stove, watch Netflix movies on their smart TV, play games, cook dinner… you get the idea!
- There is also wifi so you don’t have to disconnect completely! Although I prefer to turn off my phone when I’m on vacation 🙂
- The hot tub was my favorite part and I enjoyed a delicious glass of wine (compliments from the hosts) while listening to the birds and watching the sunset.
- All this and it’s less than two hours from NYC!
- Did I mention there’s no shortage of natural beauty here?