Daddy Yankee lists Puerto Rico home on Airbnb for $85 a night
LUQUILLO, Puerto Rico (KRON) — Daddy Yankee, aka “The Big Boss,” became The Big Airbnb Host after listing his Puerto Rico home on Airbnb for $85 a night.
For the first time ever, guests can stay at the King of Reggaetón’s private home in Luquillo, Puerto Rico while he is away.
The peaceful mountain hideaway offers a chance to experience Puerto Rican culture and reconnect with nature with nearby beaches and rainforests, including El Yunque.
Daddy Yankee, real name Ramón Ayala, is one of the most recognized Latin music icons of all time and a pioneer of the Reggaetón movement.
Since the late 1990s, Daddy Yankee has collected countless awards, number one hits and chart-topping music videos.
The “Gasolina” artist wanted to invite guests to stay at his personal home while he’s on the road to show fans what inspired all of his success.
“A love for music and for Puerto Rico runs in my blood,” said Daddy Yankee. “By organizing these stays, I want to share the cultura de mi gente, our pride and our flavor – and demonstrate how easy it can be to invite others into your world, with el calor complementing it.”
The house will open for three individual one-night stays for up to two people on December 13, 15 and 17 for just $85 a night – commemorating his 85 chart-topping singles.
He will virtually greet guests upon arrival, and during their stay guests will experience everything he loves about his home in Luquillo, including:
- Vibrant and contemporary decor by local designer Fernando Rodriguez, inspired by Puerto Rican culture and some of the musician’s biggest hits like “Gasolina”, “Con Calma” and “Dura”.
- Access Daddy Yankee’s private memorabilia, including his extensive collection of awards, and more.
- Swim in the outdoor pool (don’t worry, it’s hot all year round in Luquillo!) or play dominoes in the pool house.
- Play a competitive game of pool while watching your favorite music videos in the activity room, or head to the retreat’s private volleyball court for a quick game.
- The chance to explore the famous beaches of Luquillo (perfect for the ultimate jangueo) and the beloved El Yunque National Forest.
- A “locals only” guide to local restaurants and bars recommended by Daddy Yankee, and other places to visit nearby.
- A specially curated playlist of Daddy Yankee’s all-time favorite songs for you to listen to (and dance to) while you’re away.
You will need to present proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test result within 72 hours of check-in.
Airbnb said it would make a one-time donation to PRoTechos, while rebuilding roofs and providing carpentry training to underserved Puerto Rican communities still experiencing infrastructure work following damage from Hurricane Irma. Maria and other disasters that hit the island. .
Fans can request to book the stay starting Dec. 6 at 10:00 a.m. PST by tapping here.