Fire breaks out at Hot Rocks restaurant in Bournemouth

A FIRE broke out on Saturday afternoon at a restaurant near Bournemouth seafront.

Fire crews rushed to Hot Rocks shortly after 4:30 p.m. after the fire broke out in a sign at the front of the building.

A witness said: ‘I was supposed to have a bachelor party dinner inside with several mates, we arrived and saw it on fire. Crazy.

Firefighters from Westbourne, Springbourne, Redhill, Christchurch and Poole attended with the Westbourne aerial ladder platform.

Read more: A man is fighting for his life after an early morning accident on the A35 Upton Bypass

Police were also present and a closure was put in place on Exeter Road and Bath Road between the BIC roundabout and the Westover Road roundabout.

Echo of Bournemouth:

Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue fire investigator Steve Ansell said: ‘We believe the fire started at the front of the building, potentially around a light fixture, although the cause be identified later.

Read more: A31 reopens after hours shut down due to burst gas line

“Since then, the fire has spread to the attic. It’s a relatively small fire and the crews worked hard to remove the roof tiles using the aerial ladder platform and also put water on the fire to put it out.

“At this point we think the fire is out. We will ventilate, make sure the property is safe inside.

“We have two sectors; a forward sector and an aft sector with crews working in each.

He said there were no injuries and everyone evacuated the building safely.

Echo of Bournemouth:

He said: “The crews arrived within minutes of the initial call which is fantastic to hear.”

Mr Ansell described the damage to the interior of the building as “minor”.

Comments are closed.