Goodyear Blimp will allow you to spend the night in the airship
Who has dreamed of seeing the inside of a Goodyear airship?
If the answer is you, then mark your calendars for October 15th. That’s when you can jump at the chance to not only see the interior, but also book a night in the iconic airship.
Limited booking opportunities will run throughout the day on Airbnb.com/blimp for overnight stays inside the airship in its hangar in Mogadore, Ohio on October 22, 23, and 24.
The stay is hosted by Goodyear Chief Pilot Jerry Hissem and costs $150 a night plus taxes and fees.
“Like any host, we will open our home to provide guests with the best experience,” Hissem told USA TODAY. “They will take a tour of our facilities, highlighting our 100-year history and over 60 years of college football coverage. Games. They will be able to enjoy Wingfoot Lake and the full tailgate experience. And, they will be able to meet several members of our crew and learn more about the airship.
The Airbnb promotion is in honor of the 150th anniversary of college football.
Apply before October 8:Airbnb offers the possibility of a “sabbatical” in Antarctica to study plastics
Package highlights for two include:
- Hissem will welcome guests in the hangar, which is the size of 2.6 football pitches.
- A “Football Lounge”, where patrons can watch historic college football rivalry games.
- A lakeside spot with a grill, fire pit, cornhole, and other tailgate essentials
- Michigan-Notre Dame Game Tickets and Official Gear
- Room for up to four friends to have fun, but only two guests will be allowed to sleep in the airship
Contributor: Morgan Hines