Oak Mountain State Park Extension + Tropical Storm Fred
Happy Monday, Birminghamers! Hope everyone had a good weekend and you are ready to face the week! Here’s everything you need to know about what’s going on in Birmingham today.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day: Wet and mostly cloudy all day. High: 87 Low: 71.
Here are the best stories today in Birmingham:
- Check out some of the stories that made headlines on Patch in the Birmingham Underground last week. (Birmingham crest)
- Tropical Storm Fred steadily strengthened as he made his way to the Florida Panhandle on Sunday, followed by Tropical Storm Grace, which is near Haiti. (CNN)
- A UAB expert offers you five ways to prevent cyber attacks, a growing problem in American businesses. (Alabama NewsCenter)
- Metro Alabama Crime Stoppers Asks The Public For Help With Locate man wanted for burglary and theft. (Trussvilletribune)
- the advice voted Aug. 5 to go ahead with the purchase of 1,600 acres of land – known as the Belcher tract – adjacent to Oak Mountain State Park in Shelby County. (AL.com)
Today in Birmingham
- Wear RED for Kindergarten Color Week (8 a.m.)
- Women’s Tennis Assessments – Mountain Brook High School (8 hrs)
- Coastal — Bird ID Walk – Alabama Audubon (6.30am)
- Friends of the Library Book Sale – Birmingham Public Library (9 a.m.)
- Canvas Basics: Canvas Modules – University of Alabama at Birmingham – Career and Professional Development … (11 a.m.)
- SafeZone Training – University of Alabama at Birmingham – Diversity and Inclusion (11:30 am)
- BME Frontiers of Bioengineering seminar: Dr Joseph Wu (13h)
- MBS @ Mountain Brook Board of Education Board Meeting (3:30 p.m.)
- Zoning Adjustment Council – Town of Mountain Brook (5 p.m.)
- Grades PreK, K, 1 Parent Night – Rocky Ridge Elementary School (6:00 p.m.)
- James Spann: “Thunderstorm over Birmingham this afternoon. Photo by Dalton Payton.” (Instagram)
- #DogsOfBham: “Rainy Saturday mood @yourdailypinky #dogsofbham #instagrambham #bhamnow.” (Instagram)
- US National Weather Service Birmingham Alabama: “8/15, 7am: This morning’s update on Fred continues to indicate that she will revamp into a tropical storm today.” (Facebook)
- The University of Alabama: “” I met with local K-12 teachers to meet the needs of their students and coordinate literacy workshops. ” (Facebook)
- YMCA of Greater Birmingham: “Keep yourself safe, all summer x @ r_q.s photo on IG.” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
That’s all for today. See you soon! If you like these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to read them. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Michael seale
Do you have any advice or suggestion for an upcoming Birmingham Daily? I’m all ears. You can contact me at [email protected].