Russian MMA star found dead in Moscow after “eating poisoned watermelon” | UFC | sport
Russian MMA star Alexander Pisarev, 33, has died after apparently eating a poisoned watermelon. Pisarev was found dead in his Moscow apartment by his father on October 30.
An anonymous member of Pisarev’s team said Cup“Alexander Pisarev died in his sleep and had no chronic health problems. According to preliminary data, the death was the result of food poisoning.
Pravda news outlet claims that Pisarev died after he and his wife ate a watermelon. She was reportedly hospitalized, while Pisarev died. According to the same reports, they also ate other products.
Igor Vladimirovich, the father of the fighter, said Pravda“I looked in the bedroom — Alexander and his wife were sleeping. I approached and then realized that my son was not breathing.
“Investigators, with the participation of a forensic specialist, are conducting a further inspection of the scene, confiscating items relevant to the investigation and scheduling a forensic chemical examination.”
Prisarev was 3-2 as a professional mixed martial arts fighter and competed in prestigious Russian combat sports promotions ACB, M1-Global and Fight Nights Global. His last fight was in February 2020, losing to Maxim Usoyan via first-round submission (armbar).