The Moulin Rouge opens its doors for the first time – How to book with Airbnb
Fans of the iconic 2001 film of the same name and the irresistible Belle Époque romance can stay at the historic Red Windmill.
For the first time, you can peek behind the world-famous cabaret’s velvet curtains and explore the secret room inside the windmill.
Principal dancer Claudine Van Den Bergh opens the doors of the opulent hideaway to host three individual one-night stays for two people each on June 13, 20 and 27.
Book the Moulin Rouge Red Windmill on Airbnb
Lucky guests will be able to glimpse behind the velvet curtains of the legendary monument alongside exclusive treats that could only be at the Moulin Rouge.
- A private tour of the Moulin Rouge: its history, its costume designers and behind the scenes.
- An aperitif on the romantic rooftop terrace followed by a three-course dinner from the Belle Époque menu prepared by resident chef Arnaud Demerville. A classic Parisian breakfast will also be served the following morning.
- A meeting with the main dancer and Airbnb host, Claudine Van Den Bergh in her dressing room and photos on stage with the cast of the show.
- The best seats in the house during the Moulin Rouge spectacle, Féerie: a fantastical world of feathers and French opulence, with sensational performances, sumptuous sets and original music.
- An unforgettable night inside the famous red windmill.
“Attending a show at the Moulin Rouge offers an escape from everyday life and an incredible immersion in the glamor and grandeur of the French Music Hall,” said Claudine Van Den Bergh. “The Belle Époque-inspired interior of our much-loved windmill will transport guests to the era from which this timeless cabaret emerged.”
In the heart of Montmartre, the Moulin Rouge is best known as the birthplace of the instantly recognizable French Cancan.
Airbnb worked with famed 19th-century French historian Jean-Claude Yon to authentically renovate the windmill, exactly as it would have looked on his hay day.
“The Belle Époque was a time when French culture and arts flourished – and no monument is more emblematic of this period than the Moulin Rouge. This secret room inside the cabaret’s famous windmill was designed to take you on an authentic journey through time to experience the French capital of arts and pleasures for a moment of history,” said Jean-Claude Yon, historian and specialist in French cultural and social history of the 19th century. .
The iconic windmill was first built in 1889 as a tribute to the site’s rural origins and it was later rebuilt three decades later following a fire.
It has never been open to the public…until now.
Guests can request to book all three individual one-night stays, all for just €1 per night, on June 13, 20 and 27 from Tuesday May 17.
You can book at 7:00 p.m. CEST (Central European Summer Time), which is 5:00 p.m. in the UK via airbnb.com/moulinrouge.