The Only One In The Room Reveals Destroy This Brief Finalists
The Only One In The Room collective has revealed ten finalists for the inaugural “Destroy this Brief” initiative, which was launched in 2022 to address current industry challenges around diversity and inclusion.
The brief asked participants to find ways to open up the industry and attract diverse talent.
The diversity and inclusion initiative saw 108 high-calibre submissions from both industry and the world, with the ten finalist ideas comprised of talent from agencies such as The hallwayHeroes, Ogilvy, BMF, Special and Cocogun:
• A Bechdel test for the advertiser – Anna Bollinger
• Advertising school module – Priya AddamsWilliams
• Another Dave another dollar – Jessica Thompson
• Creative Republic – Letizia Bozzolini
• * Joint Shortlist * Adland Extension – Priya AddamsWilliams
• *Joint Shortlist* Location Meets Vocation – jimmy williams and Elena Macdonald
• Crazy things – Anneliese Sullivan and Miss Branson
• Parental advisors – Leila Cranswick and David Robert
• Refugee Pencil – carl robertson and Blake Arthur
• White Dad Adoption Campaign – Steel Rees
The ten entries will move on to the second round of judging, where a global jury of industry stars will narrow them down to a shortlist of five, to be announced the week of February 6. The jury is made up of:
• Cindy GalopFounder and CEO MakeLoveNotPorn and Diversity Advocate
• Jonathan Mildenhallformer CMO of Airbnb and Coke, founder of TwentyFirstCenturyBrand
• Terry SavageGlobal Chair of the Marketing Academy and the London International Awards
• Greg HahnCCO and co-founder of Mischief USA
• Sunita Glosternon-executive director and advisor at Gloster Advisory
• Faisal BenabdelazizGroup Brand Manager at NAB
The five shortlisted candidates will then be invited to present their ideas live to the jury.
Avish Gordhanco-founder and president of the jury of Only One In The Room and creative director at Dentsu Creative, said, “We were blown away by the quality and quantity of submissions we received for the first #DestroyThisBrief. Thank you to everyone who took the time to take on this challenge.
“The energy, creativity and enthusiasm we’ve seen in this case is exactly what is needed to make a lasting and meaningful difference to diversity and inclusion in the industry,” he said. added.
Comments are closed.