Ashdown Forest Photo wins National Photography Competition
Nextdoor, the neighborhood network, today revealed the winner of the national #LoveYourNeighbourhood competition, which invited Britons across the country to capture the beauty of their neighborhoods through photography.
Selected from over 4,000 entries ranging from stunning landscapes, wildlife, portraits of people within local communities, among others, the big winner was David Brooker from Crowborough, East Sussex for his breathtaking photography of the forest of Ashdown in Sussex.
“Living on the west side of Crowborough gives easy access to beautiful Ashdown Forest. I enjoy lots of walks in the forest and generally all over scenic East Sussex – it’s a great area to live in,” says David Brooker. “This image was taken just after sunset looking south with Friends Clump on the near horizon with the distant South Downs visible below the cloud line.”
Other competition finalists include:
• Becks Mitchell, Rosetta, Belfast: Ormeau Park taken during a morning stroll revealing the peaceful, active and social space
• Kim Osborn, Horley, Surrey: sunrise over the lakes of Horley as swans wake from their slumber
• Prakash Joshi, Southfields, London: A bathing blue tit photographed at Southfields Parkside
• Claire Ferris, Studley, Warwickshire: Photo of the sunrise over the bridge near the Church of the River Arrow in Studley
• Paschal Hudson, Barne Barton, Plymouth: Royal Albert Bridge and Tamar Bridge, Plymouth at night
Roisin O’Neill, community manager at Nextdoor, said: “Whether it’s building friendships, supporting local businesses or being places to socialize, our neighborhoods are important places to us. At Nextdoor we believe there is hidden beauty in every neighborhood in the UK and through the art of photography we wanted people to show why they love their neighborhood. From the winning image of Ashdown Forest in East Sussex to the incredible detail captured of the Blue Tit at Southfields in London, his clear inspiration can be found right outside our doors. The grand prize winner will receive a prize package including a £500 AirBnB voucher, a £50 Popsa voucher, a commemorative 2023 calendar with selected entries from the Nextdoor #LoveYourNeighborhood global contests.
Neighbors turn to Nextdoor daily to receive trusted information, give and get help, get things done, and make real connections with people nearby — neighbors, businesses, and utilities. To sign up for Nextdoor or to find out more, visit www.nextdoor.co.uk.