A passenger checked a tire to Dallas – and the tire arrived at baggage claim [Roundup]
News and notes from all over the interweb:
- When Airbnb was cheap, it made sense. You need it in places where hotels are not available. And renting a home makes sense for large families and groups that stay together. But it’s a far cry from replacing the hotel experience, even when the hotel experience isn’t great.
Decided to stay at a Holiday Inn instead of an Airbnb for an overnight trip and felt strongly, an hour after check-in, that there has never been a more luxurious experience in the entire human history
— Jeremy Gordon (@jeremypgordon) January 7, 2023
- I would like to know the story behind this car tire as checked baggage.
-Hunter Smith (@huntergsmith88) January 10, 2023
- It reminds me of the bar in the first class section of The Pier Lounge at Cathay Pacific in Hong Kong. And makes me love Disney more.
NEW: Concept art for the previously announced Din Tai Fung restaurant, which will open on the west side of Downtown Disney at Disneyland “in the future”, Disneyland confirms. pic.twitter.com/YACjgq3h5a
— Scott Gustin (@ScottGustin) January 10, 2023
- I often dabble in American Airlines catering, but this chicken with baked potato was pretty good. Dessert was a small Häagen-Dazs vanilla container served separately.
- Experian made it easy to bypass security checks to view credit reports
- I’m so glad to see the return of the A380.
LATEST LUFTHANSA FLEET UPDATE
4 Airbus A380s will be back in service by October 2023, initially flying to Chicago and Los Angeles
No more than 10 Airbus A346s will be returned to service, as they used the others for spares and parts#aviation
— M Zulqarnain B (@MZulqarnainBut1) January 9, 2023
- The man who invented aircraft leasing