Hotel room prices over Super Bowl weekend soar in Arizona
Football fans are scouting for hotel rooms for Super Bowl 2023. The NFL Conference Championships on Jan. 29 will decide which teams will face off in the big game.
If you’re looking for a hotel room in the Phoenix metro area, know this: your options are getting more and more expensive.
While some hotel chains have more rooms available than a few months ago, demand is driving up prices. Room rates are so expensive that, as reported Axiosa Motel 6 near State Farm Stadium in Glendale from $854 per night.
It can be tempting to wait until you know your team is going to the big game before booking a hotel. But the delay can reduce your options and require more money in your hosting budget. Here’s the latest on Metro Phoenix hotel pricing and availability for the Super Bowl with less than three weeks until the game.
Phoenix Airport Guide:All airlines, catering, shops and services in terminals 3 and 4
How much are hotel rooms for the Super Bowl?
Travelers planning to stay in Glendale, Scottsdale, or other Phoenix metro cities over the weekend of Feb. 10-13 can expect to pay at least $300 to $600 per night. Prices are higher the closer you get to State Farm Stadium in Glendale, the site of Super Bowl 57.
The lowest price found when searching hotel and travel websites was at the Super 8 by Wyndham Phoenix Metro North, about 11 miles from State Farm Stadium, with rooms starting at $225 per night . The cheapest hotel with a rating of at least 4 out of 5 on TripAdvisor was the Hampton Inn Phoenix/Anthem, about 32 miles from the stadium, with rooms starting at $399 a night.
How many hotel rooms are still available for Super Bowl 2023?
As inventory remains tight, especially near State Farm Stadium, a trend that hotel experts had anticipated is occurring: rooms are opening up due to cancellations as teams are knocked out of the NFL playoffs.
A recent search of hotel chain reservation sites with a large presence in the Phoenix metro showed the following prices and availability for February 10-13:
- hilton had rooms available at 26 hotels and two Hilton Vacation Clubs. The lowest rate was $399 per night at the aforementioned Hampton Inn Phoenix/Anthem. The closest vacancy to the stadium is the Hampton Inn Phoenix/Glendale/Peoria, with the best rates available starting at $599 per night.
- Marriott International had rooms available in 19 hotels. The lowest rate was $479 per night at the Four Points by Sheraton Phoenix South Mountain. The vacancy closest to the chain’s stadium was the Residence Inn Phoenix NW/Surprise, starting at $799 a night.
- Wyndham Hotels and Resorts had 18 hotels available in the Phoenix metro area. The Super 8 Phoenix Metro North, at $225 per night, was the lowest available as well as the closest to the stadium. The rate is available through a promotion offered by Wyndham where you can save 25% on stays of at least three nights if you book before February 3.
- Choice Hotels had 25 hotels with rooms available. The lowest rate was $398 per night at the Comfort Inn West Phoenix at 27th Avenue and Interstate 10. The closest chain vacancy to the stadium is the Comfort Suites Phoenix North, from $729 per night. night.
- IHG Hotels and Resorts had rooms available at 12 of its Phoenix metro hotels. The lowest rate was $379 a night at the Holiday Inn Phoenix Chandler. His closest vacation to the stadium is the Holiday Inn Express Peoria North-Glendale at $1,488 per night.
Be sure to factor in heavy game day traffic when planning your hotel reservations.
Consider vacation rentals or stay out of town
Staying outside the Phoenix metro — in Prescott or Tucson, for example — is an option if you’re up for a lot of extra driving. Prescott’s Top 10 Hotels on TripAdvisor have advertised rates between $99 and $186 per night for Feb. 10-13. For top hotels in Tucson, that range was $196 to $573. Be aware that it may take several hours to enter the city considering heavy traffic on Interstate 10, Interstate 17 and local roads leading to State Farm Stadium.
Short-term rentals such as Airbnb and Vrbo are still available. There are a handful of private rooms available on Airbnb in the $100-$200 per night range for Super Bowl weekend in metro Phoenix, including Glendale, as well as guesthouses from around $300 to $400.
To Airbnb or not to Airbnb:How to Rent Your Home Legally for the 2023 Super Bowl
Support local journalism. To subscribe to azcentral.com today.